Beet root juice
Ingredients (9" chiffon cake):
(A) Whole egg - 1 no
Egg Yolks - 5 nos
Castor Sugar - 15g (less sugar, you may use 20g for a sweeter taste)
Vegetable Oil - 45g
Beet Root Juice - 90g
Cake Flour/Superfine (sifted) - 95g
(B) Egg White - 5 nox
Castor Sugar - 50g
Cream of Tartar - pinch
- Whisk egg, egg yolks and sugar until light in color.
- Stir in oil (2-3 times), combine evenly.
- Add in beet root juice.
- Mix in flour (2-3 times)
- Whisk egg white, pinch of cream of tartar until foaming, add in sugar (2-3 times), whisk until hard peak. Gradually fold into batter (4), combine evenly.
- Pour the better into a 9" chiffon mould, bake at 180C for about 40 minutes.
- Over turn immediately once remove from oven.
- Remove from mould when the cake is completely cool.