Hazelnut Mocha Cream Cake
Hazelnut Sponge Cake
Ingredients: (for 8" square cake)
(A) Egg Yolks - 85g
Castor Sugar - 30g
(B) Egg White - 170g
Cream of Tartar - pinch
Castor Sugar - 80g
Salt - 1g
(C) Low Protein Flour - 90g
Hazelnut Ground - 15g
(D) Corn Oil - 50g
Milk - 50g
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Sift low protein flour, combine with hazelnut ground.
3. Whisk egg yolk and sugar until fluffy, set aside.
4. Whisk egg white until soft peak, mix in egg yolk mixture (3).
5. Fold in flour, combine evenly.
6. Combine milk and corn oil. Mix in a bit of the batter. Combine well.
7. Gradually mix in (6) to batter. Combine evenly.
8. Bake at 180C for about 30-35 minutes or until done.
9. Remove cake from oven, over turn the cake onto wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn it back and
remove cake from cake tin. Cool on wire rack.
Fresh Cream - 160g
Instant Coffee Powder - 5g
Cocoa Powder - 5g
Hot Water - enough to dissolve coffee and cocoa powder.
1. Whisk fresh cream until fluffy.
2. Dissolve coffee & cocoa powder in hot water. Add into fresh cream, mix well to make mocha cream.
Hazelnut (toasted and chopped)
1. Halve the cake. Cut the cake horizontally. Now you have 4 slices of cake, 8"x4" each slice.
2. Spread some cream on the bottom layer, sprinkle with some chopped hazelnut. Cover with another layer of cake. Repeat the same process until the last slice of cake.
3. Pipe some cream of top, sprinkle with chopped hazelnut.
4. Keep in fridge for about 1-2 hours before serve.